Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Names

Our family is infected with needing to find a scheme for baby names.

Mom and Dad went with the M&M theme.... (Mike, Melanie, Mihkel, Marie, Megan, Matthew)

If you think that's bad, Mom's parents did not only all M's, but rhyming middle names. (Michael Layne, Melanie Jayne, Mitchell Dwayne, and Marla Shamayne)

My sister and her husband are taking advantage of the last name Arling by making meaningful initials. Like Christopher Isaac Arling (CIA) and Ava Daphne Arling (ADA). I'm pretty sure FDA, HOA and MIA are in the works.

After a conversation with a friend, I have decided on my own quirky naming scheme. Let's see if you can figure out what it is:

Twin boys
Cole & Brett
Jacques & Henri

Twins (boy and girl)
Leigh & Lander 

Girl names
Julia Margaret
Joyce (this one has a duel reason)
Avadawn

Boy names
Ansel
Sherman
Sergon Hershel

Names that can't be rocked in the 21st century 
 (though I'd wouldn't mind otherwise)
Dorthea 
Alfred

And last... one name I would totally use, except it would be tempting fate ... Diane. 

If you understand the theme and have any other ideas, I'd love to hear!
 




6 comments:

  1. What the hell kind of theme is that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I think more of my photographer friends need to follow this blog. They would have thought this was hilarious :)

      Delete
  2. Seriously, this has been bugging me all day. What is the theme?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry Sara! Photographers.sergeon is for Sir John Hershel... Leigh and Lander are a way of fitting in Lee Friedlander (though I'm not a big fan), avadawn is for Avedon (my friend Melanie's brillant idea) and some of the others have connections, but are spelled the same :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's the best part of the whole thing :) No worries... I may never have to use these names.

      Delete