Thursday, October 6, 2011

Update on Life

I haven't had a lot of particular excitement lately, but in the spirit of keeping up on what has become my only form of journaling, I'll list off the fun that is life:

1) I now work as a TA for the best art history teacher on campus. (Best job ever! I get to help students who actually want my help, work for one of the sweetest people in the world, and it gets me thinking art history all the time.)

2) School is crazy great. While 21 credits can be a little overwhelming at times, I really really love my classes. This includes ASL Literature, Advanced ASL, Fine Art Photography, Advanced Photography, 19th Century Photo processes (I have some really fun projects in mind from what we've done so far!), and 20th Century Art History. Oh, and History or Photography, which I started working on this last summer since I'm doing a sort of different course of study with it. The big plus to that one is it's given me more to read than I've been able to in a long time, which---believe it or not--- has helped with my photography as much if not more than anything else.

3) I've got an awesome podcast going with a group of other students. When I started, I was a little worried I wouldn't find anyone as passionate about making it happen ... I was wrong! Really great people and we're having fun with it! (Go check it out... listen... learn... become edu-ma-cated).

4) Living in Orem is awesome. I liked Provo while I was there, but you can't beat living down the street from campus. It's nice to know I could walk if I had to.

5) My friend Chessie has gotten me into a fun kick of exercise mode. Unfortunately, some foot issues are flaring up again. If you remember just keep me in your prayers or wish me luck and hopefully it's just a little swelling. Either way, I'll keep up the being healthy.

6) I'm looking forward to Tuesday when my niece and nephew are finally here... and when in a week and a half when I actually get to hold them!

I have to admit, I kind of like when life gets into these little swings of just doing and going and being productive. And I'm grateful to friends who are constantly saving me from myself by reminding me not to take on more than I can handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment