Monday, December 26, 2011

Stupid Cute

I consider myself to be fairly smart. Smart enough, in fact, to have pulled off 5 A's, an A-, and one B+ within a 21 credit semester at school. I can carry a conversation about pretty much anything with comparable ease (with the exception of sports... don't try sports with me, because you'll only end up with a humoring smile from me and, I've heard, a headache of monumental proportions).

Somehow, though, a little two month old has the capability of making even the most intelligent people seem completely idiotic. Like when I'm holding my little niece, Ava, trying to get her to smile, and all that seems to work is "A-a-a-a-bu-bu-bu-bu... A-a-a-a-a-bu!" I even stoop to crossing my eyes and blowing raspberries on her chubby cheeks.

Or take my dear, old mom, for example: 2007 Teacher of the Year, Masters' in Educational Leadership, and new Vanaema (grandmother) of twins. Instead of the dignified speech and composure, this woman sings old childrens' songs with lyrics that have neither rhyme or reason, trying to fit everyone in the family--including the dogs--into said song as though they would be offended should they realize Christopher didn't hear their name one of those times.

And then my sister, who's positively lost her marbles since pregnancy and the subsequent lack of sleep after birth, comes up with words to describe her children such as "grump-o-potamus". This is in between absolute memory lapses that render her exhausted.

Yup, it's true... cuteness can make you dumber...




...but it's totally worth it to see a face like this, don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. I know. I'm totally horrified with some of the stuff that comes outta my mouth when I'm playing with my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No degree, nor level of education can ever take the place of the feeling you get when you get a baby to laugh or smile with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,
    LOL everything is SOO true about this! HAHA I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha!!! I agree 100%. That stuff is so true and therefore, hilarious.

    ReplyDelete