Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Day

At risk of writing things that don't make sense (I told someone earlier that I "took a nap in my parking lot"), I'm posting to share a couple photos from yesterday.
When I got there, makeup was being done on Travis as Voldy. He kind of looked Blue Man Groupish, but once it was more grey he looked awesome. Rumor has it that he even won a wand for such awesomeness. (And to think he originally was going to take off the costume before seeing the movie!)

Rachel-the-seamstress proved that she was Rachel-the-makeup artist. Melanie had decided she wanted me to be Bathilda Bagshot (yes, technically not a Deatheater, but I think the idea came from the fact that I was bringing snakes). I kept forgetting I even had the makeup on until someone would comment on how great it looked. 

My friend Chessie came with me to the photo shoot as well. She kept on about how she wouldn't dress up, that it wasn't her thing, that blah blah blah blah blah. Excuses, excuses. One mention of a poofy skirt that Melanie had and she transformed into Cho Chang gone bad faster than you could say "Avada Kadavra".


These were desserts being served at the student food court on UVU campus. There were Butterbeer pudding cups, Cockroach clusters with licorice wands (you could tell thy were cockroaches because of antanae made from black licorice). I love Harry Potter spirit!

After the movie--which I loved!-- I felt like an entire chapter of my life has come to a close. Melanie kept the fun going. Dressed as Bellatrix, she approached a woman dressed as Molly and they did their own rendition of the death of Bellatrix to top off an already theatrical night.


NOTE: these are unedited pictures from a cell phone. Judgers don't judge. You know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is that for someone who hasn't held a paintbrush in over five years, my veins on Travis's head look pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chessie you party pooper!!! I'd've killed to go with you guys all dressed up. The food looks good, you guys look great, and I also loved the movie. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete