Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Facebook: the Plague

Dear Facebook friends of generation TMI,

I don't care if you just got out of the shower.

Your choice of breakfast cereal holds no interest for me.

If I wanted to know how the Dodgers are doing, I would turn on ESPN.

It would be nice to know once in a while how you're doing, instead of just what you think about the lastest politics.

If you're my friend, I could probably tell you which character of Twilight you're most like better than some automated quiz a bored ninth grader created. (fyi Just because you take the quiz doesn't mean you need to post it.)

Overly sappy sentiments are better left in a message between you and your significant other instead of advertised on your status update.

Everyone can tell when you're saying something you'd be embarrassed to say to someone's face. If you wouldn't say it in public, don't post it.


I would like to know...

...About birthdays, anniversaries, and other momentous occasions you're having. It's nice to be able to celebrate in a little way for you!

...How you're doing! Isn't that the point of staying in touch? To see how each other are doing?

...Interesting articles or information you've found--in reasonable quantities.

I hate the feeling of hiding your updates on my wall, but less is more. And sometimes you're giving too much.

Rie


1 comment: